EXCLUSIVE: Sanjay Gupta shares an update on his film with Sanjay Dutt: “We have worked out the script and now, we are working out the logistics”


via Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama

Sanjay Gupta and Sanjay Dutt go back a long way and have worked in several films together. It’s been 17 years since they last collaborated and their fans are eagerly waiting for their next. In 2022, there were reports that their collaboration is finally happening and after that, there has been no update. Bollywood Hungama recently spoke with Sanjay Gupta and asked him about this much-awaited venture.

When asked about reports that he and Sanjay Dutt were planning a film, Sanjay Gupta replied, “We are still planning a film together! As a matter of fact, his manager just came to meet me. We have worked out the script and now, we are working out the logistics.”

Does he recall his first meeting with Sanjay Gupta? The filmmaker, known for his styling and gritty films, answered, “It must have been 35-40 years ago. I was an assistant director and I met him for the first time on location. Later, we shot for a film called Thanedaar (1990) in Kodaikanal. It was during this outdoor schedule that we hit it out and we became friends.”

Sanjay Dutt featured in Sanjay Gupta's directorial debut, Aatish (1994), which completed 30 years on June 17. This was followed by Khauff (2000), Jung (2000), Kaante (2002), Musafir (2004), Dus Kahaniyaan (2007) and the unfinished film, Alibaug. Sanjay Dutt also worked in his productions like Plan (2004) and Shootout At Lokhandwala (2007). This means that both have worked in as many as 9 films.

In a 2022 interview with Bombay Times, Sanjay Dutt confessed, “In many ways, we grew up together, holding each other’s hands. I know Gups well and I know what he wants from me. Beech mein, main behak gaya tha. I wasn’t taking care of myself and I didn’t want to work with him at a time when I was not at my best. The reason I hit the gym is that I started preparing myself to work with him again. I am getting back to my home turf very soon.”

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Sanjay Gupta reveals he is contemplating setting Shootout 3 out of Mumbai: “Earlier Shootout films were hits and yet, 60% of their revenue came from Maharashtra. Someone residing in Amritsar or Bathinda, usko kya malum Lokhandwala ya Wadala kya hai?”

https://ift.tt/bL8ia1u
EXCLUSIVE: Sanjay Gupta shares an update on his film with Sanjay Dutt: “We have worked out the script and now, we are working out the logistics”  EXCLUSIVE: Sanjay Gupta shares an update on his film with Sanjay Dutt: “We have worked out the script and now, we are working out the logistics” Reviewed by manek inc on June 19, 2024 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.