EXCLUSIVE: Munjya star Abhay Verma on playing PM Narendra Modi, “Can’t be a bigger opportunity & responsibility than this”


via Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama

Actor Abhay Verma is currently receiving accolades for his performance as Bittu in Aditya Sarpotdar’s horror comedy Munjya, which is also doing well at the box office. Not many would know that Abhay has also shot a film where he played the younger version of India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Titled Mann Bairagi, the film is directed by Sanjay Tripathy, and produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.

In an exclusive interview with Bollywood Hungama, Abhay Verma shared his excitement at getting to play PM Modi. “He has done so much for the country that our country’s flag is seen flying high in all the countries,” he said. “So, to play his character, I felt like… I don’t know whether I will ever get a bigger opportunity and responsibility than this. Just like how Modi ji believes in God, I also joined my hands and prayed to God for me to get this character right.”

Apart from Munjya, Abhay has appeared in quite a few projects, including Season 2 of The Family Man. But Mann Bairagi was the first project he shot. “This was my very first project. I do somewhat regret that it hasn’t been released till now. It will be released when it has to. More than me, my mummy is waiting for it to be released. A mother’s heart is such that she wants everything for her son. There was already a josh as it was my first film. Plus, I got to take over such responsibility,” he said.

Sharing his experience, Abhay added, “I think sometimes if you do something without thinking much, it turns out to be good. So, more than your mind, you put your heart in it. I played that character will all my heart, like I try to do with all my characters. This was a very good experience, which I will always keep close to my heart. It is a big thing for any actor to get this responsibility.”

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Munjya actor Abhay Verma on the film’s success, “Was waiting for this day for 13 years, life has changed”

https://ift.tt/A3hvBH6
EXCLUSIVE: Munjya star Abhay Verma on playing PM Narendra Modi, “Can’t be a bigger opportunity & responsibility than this”  EXCLUSIVE: Munjya star Abhay Verma on playing PM Narendra Modi, “Can’t be a bigger opportunity & responsibility than this” Reviewed by manek inc on June 18, 2024 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.